Proper Care & Maintenance For Hardwood Flooring
TIPS TO MAINTAINING YOUR LOGS END INC WOOD FLOOR
• Do not allow spills of food, wine, coffee, paint, water etc. to stay on the floor. Wipe up spillage at once.
• Move appliances and furniture into place by picking and placing to avoid floor contact or by sliding them slowly over the floor on a clean piece of carpet (turned upside down), or on masonite with the smooth side down.
• Use protective felt pads (not metal feet, which mark wood floors) on any appliance and furniture to avoid unnecessary marks and scratches on the floor.
• Maintain normal interior humidity levels. Logs End Inc requires a relative humidity range of minimum 35%, maximum 55% and a temperature range 15°C (60°F) to 24°C (75°F) Not maintaining adequate humidity will dry the wood out and create shrinkage, cracking, and gapping in the wood.
• Infloor heating systems must be kept at a constant temperature not exceeding 29°C (85°F) Radial fluctuations in the wood temperature can create irreparable damage. Temperatures should not be raised or lowered more than 2°C (4°F) each 24 hour period.
• Place breathable door mats at entryways of your home to help protect your floor from water, abrasive dust and grit and help save unnecessary clean-up tasks.
• Do not use conditioners, acrylic waxes, or ammonia-based cleaners.
• Do not use vinegar or detergent solutions on the floor and never use a wet mop or pour water directly onto the floor.
• Do not use hardwood floor cleaning machines (unless approved by Logs End Inc) or steam cleaners.
• Do not use steel wool or abrasive sanding items on the floor to try and remove tough stains.
• DO NOT USE TAPE OF ANY KIND ON THE SURFACE OF THE FLOOR as it can remove the finish or leave a residue embedded in the finish.